Frequently Asked Questions about the Australian Tourist Visa (Subclass 676)
1. What is the Tourist (Subclass 676) visa?
The Tourist (Subclass 676) is a visa granted to Filipinos who wish to go to Australia for non-work purposes such as tourism, recreation, visiting family and friends, and short-time academics.
2. How long is the validity of the Subclass 676 visa?
This visa may be valid for three (3) months, six (6) months, or even twelve (12) months or one year, depending on the discretion of the immigration officer; based on the purpose and personal circumstances of the applicant.
3. Is the Subclass 676 a single-entry visa or a multiple entry visa?
It could either be a single entry or a multiple entry visa depending on the decision of the immigration officer; based on the purpose of the visit and the personal status of the applicant.
Filipinos who have passed the qualifications and are capable of travelling to Australia may apply for the Australian Tourist Visa. Moreover, this visa is granted only to those who can prove that there is no plan of permanently staying in the country.
5. What are the qualifications in applying for a tourist visa?
6. What are the requirements in applying for the tourist visa to Australia?
7. How to apply for the Australian Tourist Visa?
Here is the most basic guide in applying for an Australian Tourist visa:
8. How much will the Australian Visa Application cost?
The Australian embassy charges $105 AUD (Php 4600) for the tourist visa application. However, this does not include miscellaneous fees such as fees for notarization, passport application, etc.
9. Can tourist visa holders work in Australia?
No. Tourist visas are granted only for non-work purposes.
10. Can tourist visa holders study in Australia?
Yes. However, Filipinos who are planning to study with a tourist visa holder may enroll themselves on short courses which would not last beyond the validity of their visa.
11. Can Filipinos apply for a tourist visa while in Australia?
Yes. The Australian immigration allows Filipinos to apply for a tourist visa while in Australia by applying for an extension of stay.
12. Can an Australian tourist visa be extended?
Most of the time, the immigration officer grants the tourist visa a “no further stay” condition. This means, the tourist visa cannot be extended. However, it could be waived under exceptional circumstances.
13. Are tourist visa holders below 18 years old allowed to travel to Australia alone?
Minors who will enter Australia with a tourist visa may be allowed to travel alone provided that there is a letter of consent from the parents or legal guardian, and a consent form (Form 1229) is submitted to the Australian Embassy.
14. Where is the Australian Embassy in the Philippines?
The Australian Embassy is situated at Level 23, Tower 2 RCBC Plaza, 6819 Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1200. It is just between Ayala Avenue and Gil Puyat Avenue. To get there, one can take the LRT (via Gil Puyat Station) or the MRT (via Ayala Station).
For further information, log on to http://philippines.embassy.gov.au/.